Wednesday 30 May 2012

Sleek Make-Up i-Divine Matte Palettes




I read somewhere that Sleek were releasing two completely matte palettes and knew i just had to get them. Matte eyes are big this summer and there's a million different looks to be achieved with these two. As you can see from the pictures, Sleek have given their palettes a mini makeover. Gone is the big 'Sleek' logo emblazoned across the top of the palette, in its place a small, classier version. You may also notice the embossed, criss-cross design on the actual shadow itself is also gone and replaced with a finish much like MAC shadows. Personally I feel this changes give the palettes a slightly more expensive look. 

The top palette is i-Divine V2 Darks and the bottom V1 Brights. You may feel slightly scared looking at a luminous yellow shadow sat alongside a bright pink, and I think you need to use this palette with caution. If we were in the middle of winter I probably wouldn't have given it a second glance, but with all this hot weather I felt I could create some gorgeous summery looks. (I'll let you know how I get on with that!)

The Darks palette is pretty safe and I feel a great choice to create some Autumn/Winter looks. Overall the quality of the shadows is pretty good. Pigmentation is generally pretty high but, as with many lighter shades, these lack the pigmentation of the darker or more striking colours, however can be built up fairly easily.

All in all, I'm loving the concept of an all matte palette and will get much use out of the Darks, the Brights, however may need a deep tan and a bit of bravery to get them out of the palette!

No comments:

Post a Comment