Saturday 19 May 2012

Nail Art: English Rose

Whilst my husband hogs the Saturday night TV with the champions league final, I decided to have a go at some pretty nails someone I know had created on herself. The nails were gorgeous, tiny red roses set on a crisp white polish. They looked so beautiful but I thought they also looked simple enough so non-arty folk like me could recreate.

Here's the final product...


Still looking a little rough as I hadn't cleaned them up at this point but pretty good for a first attempt! Here's how I did it. First of all I picked out my polishes and low and behold I don't actually own a decent red polish. I just don't like red nails. I managed to dig out this No7 polish in Rose Truffles which I presume I received in one of their gifts. You know the ones when you spend over a certain amount at the No7 counter? My white polish is from the Avon french manicure range and my green is Nicki Minaj for OPI. I also used two nail art tools which I bought in a set of fifteen for a tiny £2.29 from ebay. 

First of all I painted my nails in two coats of the white polish, make sure you leave them to dry properly after each coat or it wont dry fully at all. (common sense really).

I then used the larger of the two brush tools, dipping a tiny amount of red polish on to the tip and swirled in a tiny circle. Too much polish doesn't give you that rough rose effect. They really do not need to be neat as no two roses are the same are they? 
Then finally, with the smaller precision tool, dip into a tiny amount of green and flick on the nails for the leaves. As simple as that, gorgeous rose nails :) xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment